Resistance spot welding is a process in which contacting metal surfaces are joined by the heat obtained from resistance to electric current. Projection welding is a modification of spot welding. In this process, the weld is localized by means of raised sections, or projections, on one or both of the work pieces to be joined. Heat is concentrated at the projections, which permits the welding of heavier sections or the closer spacing of welds. The projections can also serve as a means of positioning the work pieces. Projection welding is often used to weld studs, nuts, and other screw machine parts to metal plate. Cedar Lake Metal Solutions’s welding capabilities include:
- Expert welders
- Spot, Projection and Hand welding available
- Perfect for specialized jobs and prototype development
- Separate crane dedicated to welders
- Multiple spot welding stations
- A/C cooled for increased production
- Precision Robotic welding also available
Cedar Lake Metal Solutions employs highly skilled welders in Maple Lake, Minnesota. For specialized welding jobs, smaller orders or prototypes, our hand welders use both MIG welding, TIG welding and spot welding to complete each job as necessary. Cedar Lake Metal Solutions also supplies metal stamping, laser cutting, CNC machining and assemblies at the fastest lead times.
From Prototypes to Mass Production
Cedar Lake Metal Solutions is a medium-sized metal stamping, laser cutting, and fabricating company capable of producing products from prototype to mass production. Throughout this process we utilize:
- Cost-saving computerized technology (CNCs) to build the tools to create your parts.
- Innovative, progressive die design to further reduce your costs.
- Our own “medium run” hard tooling offers significant cost savings over our competitors. (If a tool ever reaches its life expectancy, we will re-tool it for free.) Light assembly and/or welding work.
- Fast turnaround on all orders, remaining on time and on budget.
- Certified quality control standards to ensure the highest level of accuracy. Check out our ISO 9001 certification.
- International sourcing to maintain low-cost parts at a high-quality level.
- Laser cutting capabilities for prototypes and production needs.
To Creating the Results you Desire
At Cedar Lake Metal Solutions, our commitment to investing in new technologies has allowed us to increase efficiency and explore creative solutions to reduce tooling costs while maintaining the highest level of accuracy. Supply us with a blueprint of the part, and our professional team will create the results you desire.