Metal forming is the process of fashioning metal parts and objects through mechanical deformation; the workpiece is reshaped without adding or removing material, and its mass remains unchanged. Nearly every interaction people have from the moment they get up each day involves objects that have been impacted by metal forming. At Cedar Lake Metal Solutions, we utilize the following metal forming machines (with their capabilities):
We achieve metal forming through metal pressing, sheet metal fabrication (Press Brake, CNC Turret Punch Press, Laser Cutting and Welding), and laser cutting. Most press brakes are manually fed by an operator who holds a metal workpiece between a punch and die and against a gauge to provide a pre-set bend or series of bends in the metal, making it ideal for producing bent parts such as enclosures and cabinets. A CNC Turret Punch Press is used to sequentially punch a series of shapes or parts, following a computer-controlled blueprint. Laser Cutting uses a powerful, highly focused beam of computer-guided light to fashion desired shapes from materials up to ½” thick.
From Prototypes to Mass Production
Cedar Lake Metal Solutions is a medium-sized metal stamping, laser cutting, and fabricating company capable of producing products from prototype to mass production. Throughout this process we utilize:
- Cost-saving computerized technology (CNCs) to build the tools to create your parts.
- Innovative, progressive die design to further reduce your costs.
- Our own “medium run” hard tooling offers significant cost savings over our competitors. (If a tool ever reaches its life expectancy, we will re-tool it for free.) Light assembly and/or welding work.
- Fast turnaround on all orders, remaining on time and on budget.
- Certified quality control standards to ensure the highest level of accuracy. Check out our ISO 9001 certification.
- International sourcing to maintain low-cost parts at a high-quality level.
- Laser cutting capabilities for prototypes and production needs.
To Creating the Results you Desire
At Cedar Lake Metal Solutions, our commitment to investing in new technologies has allowed us to increase efficiency and explore creative solutions to reduce tooling costs while maintaining the highest level of accuracy. Supply us with a blueprint of the part, and our professional team will create the results you desire.